Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Router accessories

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by dddman, May 9, 2014.

1. dddman

dddman Journeyman
    Builder

Hi everyone!

I think it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can share with others the accessories we are using for the router of our CNCs. We could also share the different suppliers that we ordered from at what cost for different parts of the world.

For example, for those who have an ON/OFF only router, you can buy a router speed controller at harbor freight for 19.99$ which is used by many people here. ( http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html ) edit: Got it for $25,66 US on eBay (27,81$ CAN)

Unfortunally, here in Canada, we don't have any Harbor Freight, so this speed controller isn't available for us :(... It would be useful to know if there is any Canadian who find an equivalent ($) somewhere else.

So you understand what I'm trying to do here ;)

I'm new in the world of CNCs, so I don't have examples up to now, but I have a small list of what I would find useful to have in this thread:

- Wood end mill
    - Aluminium end mill
    - Speed controller
    - 1/4" to 1/8" collet adapter
    - Anything that can be useful!

Have a nice day!

p.s. English is not my native language, so as a french Canadian, I'm sorry if something sounds strange! :ROFL:

#1 dddman, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    Mark Carew likes this.
  2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Good idea @dddman This is a good place to start it :thumbsup:

3. dddman

dddman Journeyman
    Builder

4. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team

I have ordered engraving bit from Goodluckbuy in the past and the service has been excellent, quick and the T.C. material quality has been good but please bear in mind that they are just distributors - they cannot warrant the actual quality of the product.

Tweakie.