Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Shapeoko Motor Mount Plate

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Sami Suteria, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Sami Suteria

Builder

Has anyone had any luck using the motor mount plate from inventables? Link I ordered one because the open parts store is currently sold out of the gantry plates. Their motor mount plate seems like a good fit for a router. It pretty much a combination of the motor mount plate and the gantry plate in one. I didn't have a piece of 20x40 to test it with but I did put in 2 20x20's and there is a 4mm gap. This is coming from the difference in v-slot and maker slide. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it - I was thinking of adding a piece of plywood (1/8in) and then adjusting the space with the eccentric spacers. But this doesn't really seem like a good solution.

Also does anyone know anything about an update/restocking to the gantry plates?

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Can you not just drill a new pair of holes for the wheels 4mm closer in?

3. Sami Suteria

Builder

I just totally had a brain fart. They have a second set of holes that are lower and so I got it to fit. Now to order some 20x40s and work on my V-Slot/Shapeoko hybrid.