Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

SketchUp 20 x 80 V Slot

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by GrayUK, Feb 7, 2016.

1. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hi All.

I'm designing a new machine using a mix of V Slot and C Beam and, although I've had a good look around, I can't see a SketchUp model for the 80 x 20 V Slot. So if anyone can point me to where it is, or if anyone has a model I could download, I would be much obliged. I don't want to get into modeling it myself if I can get away with it.

Cheers
    Gray

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Here's a copy of the file I work from.

Attached Files:

GrayUK likes this.
  3. GrayUK

Many Thanks Rick.
    Perhaps you can help.
    I downloaded the C Beam machine from here and took it apart to adapt to what I want.
    I think SketchUp must be the most frustrating program out there. Anyway after many hours I got quite a bit done and saved it, closed it down, and had some tea.
    However, when I opened it up again and did some more work on it, I tried to save it but it says the Model was saved as "Read Only" and cannot be saved!!!
    Now I know I didn't save it as that, and the file isn't set to "Read Only". Do you think it had something to do with SketchUp 2016 I used, was a trial version at the time?
    I'll have another go, but really don't want to do all this again!!
    Hope you, or anyone else, might be able to throw some light on this and know of a work around.
    Cheers
    Gray

#3 GrayUK, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Could you not save it under another name? As far as why, I don't know but I get this glitch occasionally in 2014 but saving the new work under another name does at least get me out without losing anything.

5. GrayUK

Okay Panic Over!!!
    Going to the file I noticed it didn't have the usual file with the SketchUp emblem on it. When I tried to open it up the usual, "What program do you want for this?" came up, and I associated it with SketchUp, and Bobs your uncle!