Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

SketchUp Make 2016 bugsplashes a lot

Discussion in 'CAM' started by JustinTime, Dec 12, 2015.

1. JustinTime

JustinTime Master
    Builder

I started using SketchUp Make 2016 and on it's first day I had already 2 bugsplashes. And that is in only one hour of work. Anyone else experiences this problem? I also have a new computer and I'm wondering if the new AMD A10-8700 is the culprit.

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

though I have installed it I have not used it for anything 'useful'. I normally do 'real work' in Sketchup8 though I have done some projects in Make 2015. That also splats now and then, save often (-:

3. JustinTime

JustinTime Master
    Builder

After I've posted it I remembered that I've posted a solution to this problem over at the PhlatForum. I said there that I've stopped the bug splash by turning off auto-save. That was at least a year ago (I think :)). You would have thought that they had solved this problem by now! I turned off auto-save and gone is the bug-splash! I was thinking of posting here a comment like 'SketchUp, what's up with that? Do we have to sic swarfer on you?' but now you've posted here and took my thunder. :):)

Mark Carew and David the swarfer like this.
  4. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Builder

I downloaded it last night and I had issues, as well. I may try the "turn off auto save" fix. But, that is what always saved my work for me when it crashed. ;)

5. JustinTime

JustinTime Master
    Builder

I think that there are two different functions at play. Save and backup. My work still gets backed up in a file marked .skb but it doesn't get the Autosave any more. You can always go back to the drawing through the .skb file. One way of doing it is renaming it .skp!

6. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Builder

Good to know.