Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Super "C"-OX

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by anigeek65, Apr 20, 2016.

1. anigeek65

anigeek65 Well-Known
    Builder

Jay,

I will be out of town for the next few days. When I get back I will try and upload plate files. The "x" is pretty strong.. it's always the "z" axis that has the flex. Even on this stronger version the "z" can still move around if you run to fast and to deep while cutting aluminum. I am convinced the "V" rollers are part of the biggest problem with flex. That coupled with the gantry being aluminum. One day I will replace this with metal "V" wheels and a steel "V" wheel guide.

2. Jay Lytle

Jay Lytle New
    Builder

Anigeek65,
    Sounds like a plan. Thank you for the files. No rush on getting the files, I haven't even started ordering my parts yet. Budget dictates that I will be several months ordering the structural parts, and the electronics may not come until later this summer. I do like the plates you have. Just curious, how much clearance do you have on the Z Axis? I am trying to design mine with the future addition of an A Axis for rotational milling as well.

As I have been researching, it seems to me that shallow, fast cuts are much better for the process in terms of stress on the equipment and time to completion. Of course, that research is based on full size metal CNC machine centers running various steel and stainless steel parts, so wood and aluminum parts may be different on one of these machines. I guess I'll find that out when I get mine built.

3. Jay Lytle

Jay Lytle New
    Builder

Just out of curiosity, have you had a chance to work out a parts list? I have a preliminary parts list, but would like some others to compare it against to make sure I am not over or under buying screws and some of the plates.

Thank you!