Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

TinyG: Touch Plate and Limits issue.

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by leversole, Dec 17, 2015.

1. leversole

leversole New
    Builder

...many of you may know already, but be aware, if you read about limit switches, the advice is to get normaly closed switches as they are less affected by noise...that is fine, but DO NOT expect the touch plate in chilipeppr to work! As the touch plate acts as a normally open switch...really confuses the TinyG card!!

2. Evan F

Evan F New
    Builder

Was this with TinyG firmware v 0.98 or 0.97?

I noticed v 0.98 allowed for configuring each input as NO or NC. I'm building an OX and configuring limit switches. I wanted to configure my limit switches as NC and use a touch plate configured NO.

3. leversole

leversole New
    Builder

Mine is .97, where did you read about .98? Couldnt fnd anything on the Synthetos website...

4. Fred Quarles

Fred Quarles Well-Known
    Builder

I'm using the TinyG ver. 8 with .97 firmware, I have my switches defined as NC with the Z max as limit & homing, Z min as disabled.
    My touch plate works perfect in ChiliPeppr and I use it all the time as I am always setting up small piece jobs that need a good zero.

FredQ

5. Evan F

Evan F New
    Builder

.98 is the EDGE branch, so it is still experimental. The MAIN branch is .97. Details and configuration options are here on github. There are many changes to the switch configuration and homing options.

Fred, do you connect your touch plate to ZMIN? If so are you using the touch plate widget in ChiliPeppr?

6. Fred Quarles

Fred Quarles Well-Known
    Builder

Yes I'm connected to ZMIN and I do use the Touch Plated widget in
    ChiliPeppr.

7. Evan F

Evan F New
    Builder

Thanks! Good to know.
    I guess the touch plate widget overrides the NC and disabled ZMIN switch settings in the TinyG.

8. Fred Quarles

Fred Quarles Well-Known
    Builder

Looking at the ChiliPeppr code it looks like he sends G21 G91 (Use mm and rel coords) then G38.2 Z-20 +(config stuff) which initiates the probe. When completed sends a G28.3 Z + plateHeight. Don't see anything that changes the ZMIN or NC settings, but I just did a quick scan of the widget. It works good so I'm not messing with the code...

FredQ

9. leversole

leversole New
    Builder

Cant figure how you can use the touch plate (NO) with your switches NC...Riley from Synthetos agrees...below is a response to me trying to get the touch plate to act right with NC home switches...

upload_2016-1-4_21-50-17.png

Attached Files: