Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

TR8*8 RAPID SPEED

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Barry Danks, May 11, 2016.

1. Barry Danks

Barry Danks Veteran
    Builder

I haven't used TR8*8 before what speed of rapids are possible?

2. Ronald van Arkel

Staff Member Resident Builder Builder

Hello @Barry Danks,

I would recommend 2000mm/minute with stepper set to 1/4 on a 200 step motor on an analog driver. It depends on how well you build your actuator, use of digital or analog drivers etc.. I can do more than 2000mm/minute with a good build, 3000mm/minute isn't a problem with a tuned digital driver and a tight mechanical build. Resonance in your build is the problem you will be facing.

-Ronald

David the swarfer likes this.
  3. Barry Danks

Barry Danks Veteran
    Builder

Thanks all my builds are and use high quality components my last CnC held a tolerance of .009 in 4ft. :)

4. Ronald van Arkel

0.23mm, darn, that's nice, was that rack & pinion and a router on hard wood? What was the electronics setup? I ask the last as on my opinion people do share the mechanical part of the machine but not enough the electronics behind it.

-Ronald

5. Barry Danks

Barry Danks Veteran
    Builder

All 1.5" and 4.5" T-Slots heavy duty extrusion 3" extrustion legs Roton ball screw on the axes and a 3/8 MIC6 top

Attached Files:

6. Ronald van Arkel

Nice and sweet! Not your first build I presume :D. One of the first builds where I see some one implemented cable chain as it should be, with the right radius.

And electronics?

7. Barry Danks

Barry Danks Veteran
    Builder

No definetely not my first build. I have a tendancy to over engineer stuff...but it's solid and always lasts...:) Gecko 540 24V PSU 284oz nema 23's found ones with low inductance

GrayUK likes this.