Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

TrueUp and Titan?

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Russ Conner, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Russ Conner

Builder

Starting to source parts for my TrueUp build and wondered if anyone had adapted the Titan head to it.

If so, is it a drop in, or does it take some work on the mounting bracket to fit properly?

2. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

I'm going to say you will need a mounting bracket. The TrueUp extruder mounts to the X-axis carriage using what I can only assume is a machine specific bolt pattern based on the pictures I've seen. The Titan extruder (I use one) has no mounting points save for the NEMA17 motor. The intent it to sandwich a mounting plate between the motor and the extruder (they include bolts long enough for this). You would need to make a plate that would have the TrueUp bolt pattern on one part, and a NEMA17 bolt pattern perpendicular to the carriage mounting surface.

3. Russ Conner

Builder

I am thinking it might be best to go Bowden for this, and mount the Titan on the rail if that is what I end up doing.

I want to eventually get to 2 hot ends, so this is probably a good first step to go bowden.