Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

UGS Problems

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Tommy G, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Tommy G

Tommy G New
    Builder

So I have an X Carve from Inventables and I got everything running right! I am trying to use Universal Gcode Sender to send code to my Arduino/Gshield. Every time I reset zero it seems that my measurements change, for example before I reset 1" is 1" but after I reset zero 1" seems more like 1/4". I hope the problem makes sense! Also sometimes when I reset zero in one location and then ask it to return to zero, the position is in a totally different position. Does anyone know what Im doing wrong?

2. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Is the error variable or always the same. If it is always the same - then it is likely a program fault. If it varies it could well be a mechanical fault.

Gray

3. Tommy G

Tommy G New
    Builder

It was the same every time!! I found that UGS 1.0.7 has a few issues so I upgraded to 1.0.8 and it fixed the zero issue. I have also found out when I reset zero it resets the work zero and not the machine zero, so when I tell the machine to go back to zero it goes to the machine zero and thats why I thought it was going to a different location. I havent figured out how to tell the machine to go to work zero for repeatability so what I have had to do is set the machine to where I want work zero to be, shut down UGS, start it up again and now machine zero is set to zero where I want it to repeat from! Hope that makes sense lol. I have heard good things about Chillipepper and was thinking about seeing if they have a trial and trying that program!!