Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Universal G-code sender

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Lodds, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Lodds

Lodds Well-Known
    Builder

Hi,
    I have just built a C-Beam CNC from a kit. I am having problems with the G-Code sender at least I think it is the sender that is causing the issues.

When sender a file to the CNC X-Pro the X-pro seems to obey the instructions but the router never is lowered enough to cut the wood.
    Can someone please offer advice as to how I tell the X-pro where in world the X,Y and Z planes the router bit is
    I have lined up the bottom left corner of the wood i'm trying to work with and set everything to zero but still no joy.
    I of course may have to totally wrong end of stick and it could be something else causing the issue.

Again thank you for your advice, seem i may be spending most of my retirement asking novice questions.

Tony

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Contest Winner! Builder

Try out CNCweb from CNCPro.co - Home - it has much easier CAM than MakerCam (saw your other post at Inkscape to Makercam ) and is also a) free, b) easier to understand, c) has a more active support community than Makercam, d) has built in machine control (so do CAM and Control in one application, instead of two different applications.

Follow the Installation instructions: CNCPro.co - Home then follow the Grbl setup instructions: CNCPro.co - Home to make it work with the Xpro

(Disclaimer, though now retired, i used to be the lead developer of LW/CNCweb for the first 18 months of its existence - the new team is doing a steller job though)

On the control tab, you can set all axes to zero. In settings you can pick whether you want to deal with complex machine coordinate systems (for a beginner, set Show machine = off in Settings, Machine) , and theres a nice Set Zero dropdown menu next to the Digital Readout on the Control tab. CAM is pretty powerful too

cncweb.PNG

Lodds likes this.
  3. Lodds

Lodds Well-Known
    Builder

Thank you I will certainly look at this software.

I'm also considering Cut 2D Desktop, it's just over £100 but seems easy enough to use.

Tony

4. Julius

Julius Veteran
    Builder

when youre in the corner you must reset the work 0

Lodds likes this.