Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Use for my unfinished CNC router. Lol

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by apburner, Feb 10, 2016.

1. apburner

apburner New
    Builder

I sure have found a use for it. My daughter wants a bunch of wooden spindles mounted inside a 2 sided box to hold many different colors of yarn at the same time. I am going to make the box out of cherry with the spindles made out of maple washers and 3/4 inch walnut dowel. I could use the CNC to cut the washes and plunge the top and bottom of the box with 3.4 inch holes. But alas it is not done yet. Maybe this will get me in gear to finish it. She does beautiful work with crochet and sometimes uses as many as 20 different colors at once.

GrayUK likes this.
  2. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Go on, get it finished. You will find loads of opportunities where the CNC machine will become useful.
    I was looking for some of that fretted board they use for home radiator covers. B&Q used to do it, but no more, so you gotta make it yourself, as well as offer the service on the net! With patterns as requested!!
    I do a lot of Home DIY and Restoration work, and wanted some filigree, yes, most people nowadays don't even know what it is, (Dictionary: "delicate ornamental work"), well a CNC can knock that out with no trouble. The French used to love it. You use it for the twiddly bits in the corners of woodwork. Something that used to take hours and hours of carving!
    Get it finished, but maybe keep quiet about it, because your friends will think of loads of things you could make for them.
    Cheers
    Gray

Ronald van Arkel likes this.
  3. apburner

apburner New
    Builder

Yqa. I am building it mainly to support my expensive hobby of High Power Rockets. Fin and centering rings mostly. But now I am thinking of all kinds of stuff to do with it.

4. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

There you go!
    Told you. :D