Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

V dual wheel and extrusion problem

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by hosa200, Apr 29, 2016.

1. hosa200

hosa200 New
    Builder

Hello guys,
    Why the angle of the dual wheel and extrusion are different from each other ?
    check the photos.

Attached Files:

2. Joe Santarsiero

Joe Santarsiero OB addict
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Something is off on the wheel model. 45degrees should be a driving dimension.

3. hosa200

hosa200 New
    Builder

I also checked the original drawing and they all the same .

Attached Files:

4. Joe Santarsiero

Odd. maybe some decimal stack up somewhere throwing the angle off. I highly doubt the 45 is off on the actual part though. This is why I suggest changing the model dimension to driving. Maybe make the width driven.
    @Mark Carew

5. hosa200

hosa200 New
    Builder

I bought dual wheels from china ,and of course they used the drawings ,so my machine works badly .
    So what now ?!

6. Joe Santarsiero

Wait. What? How do you know China used the drawings? Even if they did, the drawings are Openbuilds drawings for Openbuilds to interact with manufactures that Openbuilds chooses for Openbuilds to receive a product in which they can inspect and approve before Openbuilds supplies those products to Openbuilds customers that buy the product directly from Openbuilds.
    If a Chinese company is reproducing and selling products based on drawings from another company without direct human interaction about design and manufacturing consideration with that company or even approval and endorsement then the Chinese company is directly responsible to the customer for making a crap product. :)
    Beware of knockoffs?

7. hosa200

hosa200 New
    Builder

I am just guessing :)

8. Joe Santarsiero

I have to add that the Chinese that I have dealt with have been very professional and made it apparent that customer satisfaction was the number one priority. So no offense to the Chinese.

9. hosa200

hosa200 New
    Builder

So now is the drawing are correct or not , and the openbuilds v dual wheel are 45 degree or not ?
    When i tell the Cad program to make the assembly ,it refused because of the drawing dimensions :( So how to please my cad program :D

10. Joe Santarsiero

I didn't know if you were guessing or making a statement. Regardless of the drawing, you're going to receive quality controlled products from the Openbuilds part store. If you choose to go with some place else for product clones then your taking a chance at the final product. Just sayin. I know that there are a lot of Chinese suppliers that sell a lot of different products. They keep their eyes on the market and when they spot products like the OB wheels they jump at their manufactures to make lots for them. If it's a good manufacturer then the supplier will receive a product that'll suffice to the market. If the manufacturer isn't so bright then the supplier will get crap and have to try and peddle that. Even in this case, the supplier with the good manufacturer may have the employees responsible for great products move on only to be replaced by noobs and/or low cost failures and the supplier with a poor manufacturing source can eventually see great products. I'm almost tempted to move to China for this reason.
    End of rant :D

11. hosa200

hosa200 New
    Builder

okay okay , i will buy form openbuilds store directly , but just want the right dimension for my machine assembly on solidworks , that's all :D

12. Joe Santarsiero

For this you have to set the 45degree to a driving dimension. ... That means that no matter what other dimension changes the 45degrees is set in stone. I suggested before that you make the width the flexible driven dimension. The reason is that your wheel centerline axis will not change.

Now, I haven't played with the OB parts in solidworks in a long time and I'm just waiting on someone who has to chime in here. Otherwise I'll do it tomorrow at work to help you out.

Joe

hosa200 likes this.
  13. Joe Santarsiero

14. hosa200

hosa200 New
    Builder

they are talking about solid wheel not dual wheel

15. Joe Santarsiero

OD, wheel contact angle, and width are the same.

hosa200 likes this.