Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

V-slot in South Africa

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by Tmandad, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Tmandad

Tmandad New
    Builder

Hi Guys
    Just need to know if anyone is distributing V-slot in South Africa.
    I have just been given a very cool project to build but I have to have it finished by the 20th of Nov.
    I dont know if you would be able to get it to me quick enough. So if there is anyone closer to my side of the world please let me know.
    my e-mail is chris@cybermatrix.co.za

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

no distributors here that I know of. openbuilds can ship it to you, max length 1000mm.
    regular post might even arrive! (-: (eventually, even if the SAPO strike is really over)
    courier will cost a lot though might be a better option given your time contsraint.

maybe you can use something else for the build? rounds bars and linear bearings?
    or if you are practically handy maybe you can modify 8020 rail into vslot using a woodworking router with a V bit.
    then have the V wheels and spacers shipped, get bearings and bolts etc locally.