Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

what im looking to build

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by chris34, May 17, 2014.

1. chris34

chris34 New
    Builder

Hi im new to here i have a 3d printer but need a cnc router to be able to cut out 6mm aluminium, the bed size cutting area has to be a4 in size no bigger is there any opensource that size cheers and what can i use for a spindle

the ox can it be made to my size just shortern the rails and where ca i get the dxf file for the plates ty

#1 chris34, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. chris34

chris34 New
    Builder

Im going to design my own as i seen most or belt driven well the ox is, and for torque purposes im going to use lead screws, and use nema 23, using nema 17 on a 3d printer is ok, as there not much resistance that requires high torque motors but on what i want to mill out will be mm aluminium max

4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Sounds good Chris I would like to see a lead screw driven mill, especially on a little one I think it will make for a nice strong setup.
    Good luck and have fun with your build. Please post the build when you start so we can all follow along