Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

What is your preferred quick extrusion profile size?

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by SamuelT-E, Aug 17, 2016.

Tags:
?

If you have to choose between 40 mm x 40 mm profiles and 45mm x 45mm profiles for general applicatio

1. 40mm

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 45mm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SamuelT-E

SamuelT-E New
    Builder

Hi guys,

Probably some of you use quick extrusion profiles like 8020 profiles for tooling design.

I have 2 questions for you.

What size do you think is the most useful or what size you usually use for a specific application?

If you have to choose between 40 mm x 40 mm profiles and 45mm x 45mm profiles for general applications
    witch one will you choose?

Since 40mm and 45mm have similar mechanical properties, if you use one or other may be you have a reason why prefer one.

Tank’s for your comments!

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

What exactly does 45mm mesh with? Sure that's 3 times a 15mm extrusion but we don't use 15mm extrusion here. And I could understand 50x50 as that's almost 2" but where does 45mm come from and what does it fit?

3. SamuelT-E

SamuelT-E New
    Builder

Thanks Rick you for your reply, I'm not searching to mesh it with anything I just want to know what is the best size for general application like table and cassette, industrial cart, part dispensers, conveyers etc

You guys witch size do you prefer?