Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

What should I build with this kit?

Discussion in 'Concepts and Ideas' started by jmw_man, Feb 4, 2016.

1. jmw_man

jmw_man New
    Builder

Hi,

A few years ago I bought a 3 axis stepper motor kit from Probotix. The motors are the 280 ozin motors I believe, they are the yellow ones they offer. At the time I bought them to play around with them and learn something basically. Now I want to build something and have no clue what. I've been browsing other builds and I've been taking into account my needs and wants. Well, I would really like a mill that I could mill aluminum with, but honestly for that I'd prefer something manual. The only thing that I might be interested in having CNC controlled would be a 3D printer. The question is, are these motors overly excessive for that? The other thing is, There are a lot of 3D printers out there that I could just buy, yes I know, for a high price, but I know there's a good chance the quality will be there. Do you folks have any suggestions? Thanks, jmw

2. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

You can always just make a cnc and use it as a mill. Use the manual control in your controller and dont use any codes.