Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Where to go from here ? I will make a Wilson II

Discussion in '3D printers' started by feenix3k, Nov 27, 2015.

1. feenix3k

feenix3k New
    Builder

For the past several months I was working with an Open Builder who recently taken very ill. I have not heard from him in over a month. The attached list is the parts I had ordered to build a mendelmax printer. As of now, I am very unsure if I will get the printer parts he printed and cut for me.

I have a 300 x 300 glas and heat pad. My roommate is saying go delta, but I am unsure if the hotbed parts will work with it. I was thinking Wilson II. The design is similar to a Mendelmax . I would appreciate ideas and suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. feenix3k

feenix3k New
    Builder

After doing some looking on the net and talking with a friend here on the site, I have decided to go with the Wilson II 3d printer. I have a 300 x 300 mm hotbed and glass with a 8 mm lead screw that is 400mm long I should be able to get around a 300 x 300 x 300 mm build area.

3. feenix3k

feenix3k New
    Builder

I started printing parts for the Wilson II, but the STL file does not match the x-carriage design in the doc folder. Has any one else found this?

4. Kyo

Kyo Veteran
    Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

The stl file should be for the new updated X-carriage.
    [​IMG]

Not the old style, like so. This one is no longer used. The stl file for this one has been removed.
    [​IMG]

5. feenix3k

feenix3k New
    Builder

I printed the new version of the x carriage. The wall between the 4 screws is very thin. I contacted Gethub and he said my thin wall can stay or go. I am using Eric's Oneup 3d printer for the small parts. His core XY should print the rest.My main problem is getting the 10 mm rods and the 2020 extrusion cut to size. The 6 frame pieces are 500 mm and so is 2 of the 10 mm rods. I just don't know what to use to cut 3 500 mm extrusion to 430 mm and the rod to 470 mm and 420 mm ( 2 of each)