Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

xPro V3 upgrade to grbl 1.1?

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Mark Shurtleff, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Mark Shurtleff

Builder

Has anyone upgraded the xPro v3 firmware to grbl 1.1? If so, where can I find the proper header files for the v3?

2. Mark Shurtleff

Builder

Okay, it appears that the stock GRBL/Uno combination is directly uploadable to the xPro. Guess I'm too used to the RepRap world where every controller has a different pinout header ...

3. Mark Shurtleff

Builder

Progress report: Downloaded GRBL v1.1f to the xPro v3 without issue. The PWM variable speed spindle control works perfectly with my 500W air-cooled spindle, and I just need to finish up a few Fit And Finish items on my C-Beam before I can start milling for real.

Joe Santarsiero likes this.
  4. daisosasen01

Builder

Hello Mark

Hows your machine working? I have the same control board and am looking at help info to setting it up. Would you be disposable for assistance? I have the xPRO v3 stepper driver board. I'm using bCNC with it. Bot having much success. Any help would be appreciated.

5. Mark Shurtleff

Builder

First suggestion is to set up the vPro using GrblPanel as shown in the build videos. Once you've got it working in GrblPanel, then you can configure bCNC.