Design in SketchUp, work up the part and output the Gcode for your CNC machine!
Version 1.4 released 1 Nov 2015 - upgrade now!
SketchUCam is free plugin written for the Google SketchUp CAD program that allows the creation of Gcode to control your cnc machines and bring your SketchUp creations into the real world!
NOTE: The download button for SketchUcam is located at the top right of this page
SketchUcam is possible though many great volunteers (super heroes) who have contributed to the project free of charge! Give a shout out to them
Easy Install Instructions
- you save the .rbz file from this web site, should result in a single file called SketchUcam-1_2.rbz
- you open sketchup
More Detailed Install Instructions here <-- please really read that!
- you select Window, preferences, Extensions
- you click 'install extension'
- you select the .rbz file that you downloaded earlier
- you click 'open' button
- you click 'yes' when prompted by the 'this plugin will have the ability to do useful stuff' warning panel.
- you click 'ok' when it says 'the selected extension has been successfully installed'
- you click 'ok'
- restart Sketchup
Download SketchUp (free) here
Bob K has created a cool macro that converts SketchUcam gcode to a format that the Marlin firmware can use!
David the Swarfer - Has put together some great video tutorials on how to use SketchUcam!
Video Tutorials on How to use SketchUcam
VIEW MORE - Video Tutorials on How to use SketchUcam
SketchUcam is open source and is released under the GNU General Public License