Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC Xpro v3

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by JasonW, Dec 2, 2016.

1. JasonW

JasonW New
    Builder

Hi all,
    I am really new to this and have what I hope is a sample question. I have some stepper motors and they also came with M542T controllers. I bought one of the new XPro V3 boards (didn't get the black Friday sale). Looking at most of the diagrams, it looks like I just hook the stepper motor direct to the board and don't need the M542T? Is that correct? I've looked at some of the instructions for the boad and they don;t seem to be very helpful from what I can find. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank You.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

How big are your steppers, what type of system do you plan to use it on, and how big of a power supply (volts, watts) will you be using with it?

3. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Yes, you need the separate drivers as the motors are too powerful for the onboard drivers. You also need the separate drivers to be able to use the 36V power supply with the motors. The drivers hook directly to the xpro board and the 36V power supply hooks to the drivers. There should be a diagram either here or on the xpro website showing how to do this.

4. JasonW

JasonW New
    Builder

That is what I'm looking for. I need to know how to hook the motors up?