Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

help may be needed..

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Andy Crouch, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Andy Crouch

Builder

Hello again,
    I have introduced myself some months ago on the forums relating to the OX build, it kind of went off the boil due to being very busy and finding funding for parts I will come back to it as a router build. In the mean time I have been doing some electronics and learning some microprocessor necessity's for my projects.

To the point,
    I have been asked to look at a 3d printer build on behalf of somebody who needs to do prototyping in abs plastic but hasn't been getting the required results.. So I will be getting my hands on a MakiBox kit. Now I know that they went under, and that these have been sold cheaper, and that its an entry level kit. For me its an opportunity to learn about the control and get started. Hopefully then I can move upward to better things.

My personal aim is to develop an understanding of the tech in order to make great machines for myself.

I would definitely like to build myself a printer and a CNC router.
    I know that the forum is a great and welcoming place already, so I may ask for some advice occasionally here, and Thank-you in anticipation of that.. I hate working alone and I spend a lot of time doing so!

If any of my projects require components I could one day also draw on local makers for help at a price?!

I'm based in the UK. South.

Thanks,
    Regards Andy.