Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

InDoreXY

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Shortyski13, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Shortyski13

Shortyski13 Well-Known
    Builder

Shortyski13 published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Shortyski13

Shortyski13 Well-Known
    Builder

I attached an excel sheet with my BOM and prices. I could use help reducing the costs. Does anyone see any place to save some money?
    One option I'm debating is instead of going for E3D V6 + Titan, go for the Aero Titan instead (save about $15 and it looks not as cantilevered), or I can go full cheap and buy clones and save $65. Still not even settled on bowden vs direct drive.
    Also, does anyone know a good place to find very large gt2 closed loop timing belts? Has to be over 2200mm in length (1100 teeth). SDP is the only place I can find that has one, but it's $12 + $10 for order being under the minumum cost ($30) + $10 shipping. This makes it tough to settle on. I could connect an open ended belt, but feel like that won't hold well or produce great results.
    I also still need to source the aluminum plate for my bed. I'm hoping recycle centers or junkyards will have something, anyone have any luck with such things?
    I was also looking at something cheaper than duetwifi to reduce cost, but not sure if I can with a nema 23 and going 24v (for future potential mods). Also i don't have to purchase a screen with it, which is nice.
    Anyone have spare nuts and bolts lying around you are trying to get rid of and clean-up the shop? ;-)

3. Shortyski13

Shortyski13 Well-Known
    Builder

Also, anyone have any other thoughts or concerns about this build? My biggest concerns currently are: A) how flimsy the V6 hotend looks in the Titan (looking at the model). How can this be tight and not wiggle? B) plastic brackets for connecting the bed frame to both the 3x12mm lead screws, and the frame. Though the bed isn't moving fast and only in 1 axis, so I feel it should be fine.
    Any thoughts on these? Any other concerns or comments or ideas?

4. Shortyski13

Shortyski13 Well-Known
    Builder

<3 Yes! Now I just to source that build plate. probably start looking around junkyards/recycle centers this week or next.

Another thought I was having, in addition to the rest mentioned above, is that it would be easy to add an additional 500mm to the height of this. If I kept with 12mm lead screws, and 2040 vertical extrusions, it would probably cost an additional $35. However I'm kind of wondering if I should increase to 4040 extrusions and wider lead screws (which would then require larger pillow blocks, nuts, pulleys etc.), which would unfortunately really throw the price up there and leave me with my current dimensions.