Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Just Another Thought

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by GrayUK, Aug 20, 2014.

1. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Does anyone think that a Section allocated to, "Useful and Informative sites" may be an idea? :rolleyes:

So you put your Useful Link in the thread as usual, but also pop into the Link Section, and put it in there, with maybe a small description?

Everyone seems to find the odd very useful site, which I think of as really good, and then I move on and can never find it again. :banghead:

Okay, so I do save a lot to my Super Start page, but that's getting awfully crowded now! :(

I know there are times, when trying to help out a "fresh enquirer" as to where to look for information, and it takes me some time to find the sites I am planning to suggest to him. Whereas it would be easy to advise him to go to the Links page and take a look there at the relevant pages. Maybe if they were numbered we could even suggest they look at number 6, or number 12, knowing they are what they are looking for.:thumbsup:

Is it even possible, to put a link, to a certain thread in the Forum from there? I don't know.
    :confused:

Feedback would be good here.
    Just a Thought. :cool:

Cheers
    Gray

2. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team

Hi Gray,

Sounds like a brilliant suggestion to me. :thumbsup:
    Perhaps we could incorporate an "Information section" into the resources area on a trial basis to see how it goes but it may become a magnet for spam which is something we don't want. My opinion is that we should try it and see - what do others think ??

Tweakie.

3. GrayUK

Cheers Tweakie

4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

5. GrayUK

Okay. I'll leave a thread there as well as in the actual Forum bit. We'll see how it goes.
    Cheers Mark
    Gray

6. ecleary76

ecleary76 New
    Builder

brilliant idea, as someone who know a bit (bordering on a small) about 3d printers and who eventually wants to do laser and cnc it would be handy to have a place full of useful links, sometimes (i say sometimes) when i google if it aint on the first page well then it aint getting looked at

Gray just a wee thought on what you said about coming across a site and then never being able to find it again, this is an issue that i have come across myself. My fix is to make a draft in my emails with the link to the site, it makes life easy