Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

New to OPENBUILDS and to CNC

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by slittle, Nov 1, 2014.

1. slittle

slittle New
    Builder

Hello Folks,
    I have been reading and watching CNC videos for the past few days and now joined your Forums. I have always wanted to do a CNC Router and it looks like I found a great resource. I am positive I will have many questions that I can't find in reading the forums and supplied materials on the site.
    I plan on building the OX and have started my wishlist already at the parts store. Having 40 years in a mechanical background and some pc skills with Corel, 3dsmax and Blender which I hope help in the scheme of learning more software down the road.
    I plan on using Mach3 software and have been reading up on primers of stepper motors and voltages and how they apply. I can say there's lots to learn when it comes to volts and torque how it can work for or against you.
    I hope to start ordering parts around Dec,1 so when family asks what do you want for Christmas I can point them to my wishlist at the parts store, ha ha Steve

2. Nugz

Nugz New
    Builder

Welcome aboard Steve!
    I agree. Stepper Theory is a real pain in the ***. It's like you need a degree in Electrical Engineering just to understand the "primers"! :jawdrop:
    Good luck with the build!
    -Nugz

3. SJD

SJD New
    Builder

Welcome Steve!
    Mach3 is a great control!..ive used it for quite awile now and love it..recently ive attached a xbox controller to my pc to jog..cycle start..stop..many options there.
    Good luck!

MaryD likes this.