Welcome to Our Community

Unlock hidden features. Sign Up for Free Today!

Router mount clearance

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by MarkBrown, Aug 28, 2016.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown New
    Builder

I don't have enough clearance on the 20x60 v slot for the router/spindle mount. Should I Dremel off the ends of the screws? It looks like even if I do that, I'm flirting with the lock nuts.

Attached Files:

2. Joe Santarsiero

Joe Santarsiero OB addict
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Looks like you gotta grind em. As long as the full nut is engaged you don't have a problem.

3. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

You will also need to either shim behind the mount or do a bit of grinding on the backside of it. the nuts are 5mm deep and the space between the mount and the bearings is only 4.5mm.

4. Joe Santarsiero

Joe Santarsiero OB addict

It could be parallax, but it looks like in the picture they can leave a thread or two and clear the mount without altering the nut or mount. Maybe a side view will tell a different story.