Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Single Axis Controller

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by paulica, Aug 4, 2014.

1. paulica

paulica New
    Builder

Hey there,

I am new to the forums.

I am interesting in building a linear actuator, like in this link.

While all the mecanical bits sound ok and fairly easy to understand, I must admit the electronical bit is a bit complicated for me.

All in all my needs are :

1. A linear actuator that moves up and down, pushing a weight of around 5-6 kg tops.

2. The total length should be no more than 50cm.

3. The speed should be around 4 sec/meter, therefore moving up should not take more than 2 sec.

4. A software that generates an exe file, to import this into our own software

5. Somehow to stop the movement up when it reaches the top, the top not being a fixed spot, it can be various height from one cycle to another. The top is rigid so I guess something like a pressure sensor, or when the motor requires a certain force to go up, it should just stop.

I was looking at a Nema 23 motor for this job, but I must admit I am not sure which driver and controller, or software I need to make the movements up and down.

This is just a single axis operation, so I guess it should be less complicated. But since I am a total noob, it is difficult enough for me.

Many thanks,
    Paul