Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Unique Z

Discussion in '3D printers' started by TimVukman, Nov 2, 2017.

1. TimVukman

TimVukman New
    Builder

2. s0me

s0me New
    Builder

Can you post more picture please?

3. TimVukman

TimVukman New
    Builder

I have redesigned my work in progress due to too many situations involving lack of strength, rigidity in my design. The print quality just was not there.

I started over and I am now using two linear lead screw drive kits from openbuilds as my Z axis. I chose the Nema 23 option.

My Y axis is a custom linear lead screw drive based on two slide bearing assemblies mounted to a horizontal 20x60. This is mounted upsidedown and does nothing but carry the X axis forward and backward. The X axis is a custom linear lead screw drive and carries the hot end which is an E3D cyclops 2 in 1 out.

I built a box out of 20x40 aluminum extrusions and the box is mounted to the 2 Z linear lead screw drives. The drives are super smooth but I have 2 different Nema 23 motors. I have another OpenBuilds Nema 23 on order to match the pair for the Z axis. (1 is 1.8 and the other is .9. If I can't use the .9 for my Y drive, I will use if for the extruder.

Pictures soon